Friday 22 July 2011

Guardian Interview

Interview with Tessi Midoree at her Phoenix Tower office, base of the Ultimate Guardians.


My interview with the Ultimate Guardians went well. I was welcomed into the Phoenix Tower at 2757 Specker Road, Millennium City by the holographic receptionist Ms. Gramata. Spectra was the first recruitment officer I met, who looked through my application form. I was then introduced to an extraterrestrial feline Tessi Midoree, who took a sample of my DNA and all the data it held, which I must say was a staggering find. Finally, I was shown to the smartly dressed 'Heather' who asked me about my past endeavours, current situation, and motivations for the future. It wasn't easy to open up, especially talking about my mental condition, which up until now was kept secret.


"My name is Pious Michael Hunter, Reverend, born in England to parents unknown, raised by Grandparents ministering in America. I am a preacher, a hero and a hunter. It is my calling to find and pacify supernatural threats across the multiverse and deliver swift justice where its needed. I was once a mutant, and had the power to absorb other powers. I learnt this after absorbing my grandfather's psychic ability. He had a heart attack shortly after. My grandma couldn't go on without him... I failed them both. I couldn't handle the emotional trauma and the strange new power drove me insane. I was comatose for years and later entered psychiatric rehabilitation. On one hand, I had been saved from the High School bullies who would pick on me, the bible-bashing cry-baby, but on the other hand, my family were dead. Even my bothers hated me for what happened. My own twin brothers. I came out of the mental asylum a grown man and studied to become a priest like my grandfather, but also, I asked to be secreted into the Order of the High Monks like he was and trained as a master hunter of supernatural evil. But all this happened in a distant world, for I am not native to this universe. Here, I never existed for I was never born. I arrived through a powerful port-key spell which I fixed into a basement door. I have had to abandon my homeworld in search of a larger destiny, one free of my self-centred sister-in-law Alicia 'Pistol' Barzini, an ex-mutant, ex-convict, anarchist leader who I successfully rehabilitated into a hero, but not before she spliced away my mutant power and killed me well and good. She now fights my old battles together with my brothers, one of them her estranged husband. It's hard at times -- I left a city where I had twice helped fight back terrorists, criminals and alien invaders, even rebuilt lives through my own purpose-made Church charity organisations. But I always remind myself, I left with my wife and children, to find a higher calling.

"I have a guardian angel who is the one responsible for saving me from death that one time, when Pistol assassinated me in my hospital bed. She is called Evea and she is the one who insists that my future lies here, that ultimately, I am to become a Guardian, and that I am to be great, and somehow ascend with the Heavenly Hosts as an Angelspawn, whatever that means. I mean I'm just a servant. I serve the Lord, as Christ himself once did. My greatest achievements are as a priest, not as a hero or a conduit of some cosmic celestial. I may be a traveller of worlds, but more so I am a hunter of demons and of evil spirits. I serve in accordance to the Angelic Spirits, as a holy warrior of the One True God, a priest of the Holy Anglican Church, a citizen of Millennium City, a hero of Canada, liaison to the Vatican, cleric of the Spiritus Sancti, teacher at the Exemplar Hero Academy, servant of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI and the Episcopal See of the Catholic Church, but perhaps most noble of all these titles, I am a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire, KBE. That, Heather is who I am. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I was once a high-flying mutant hero and with my prowess in Bibliomancy, magic and hand-to-hand combat, I believe I can be that hero again. This world is strange to me and I will need a friend to show me the way. Already I can sense the evil that threatens to consume this land, and I want to help, to protect the men and women who love and cherish this country so. I... I have faith. I believe that in the end, Good shall triumph over Evil. We just need to take a stand. We need to spread this optimism and shine bright like a beacon of hope. So maybe my angel friend Evea was right -- already I have fought alongside your team against a conjuring of a giant monster, just yesterday. But it took great willpower for me to break away from my phobias and join that battle. Please, sign me up and help me to fight again."

No comments:

Post a Comment