Monday 11 July 2011

Mirrorverse



screenshot_2011-07-07-21-57-55screenshot_2011-07-09-20-56-32screenshot_2011-07-09-20-57-01screenshot_2011-07-08-15-35-21screenshot_2011-07-08-15-35-25screenshot_2011-07-08-15-35-31
Mirrorverse, a set on Flickr. Images captured by MC News Photographer Ryan Santana

It was a typical day in the House of Hunter when I allowed myself to be carried away by thoughts and ideas. Something peaked my interest in the dimensional mirror of the serpent fang and upon closer inspection, I saw myself looking back at a reflection of myself looking at me from myself's own eyes. It was mind-boggling. I hadly had time to compute what was happening when I was sucked into the mirror and delivered to what I can only pen as a mirrorverse. My other-self explained all. His world and mine were identical save a few shattered segments of our history. He too had left Paragon City to travel the multiverse but his wife was the childhood crush we both shared - Rachel Grey, now called Damsel. In his world he never met my wife Evangeline but a nun called Altair Stevens who has a power armour and the power of technopathy. It was a fascinating meet but as always, it was under dire circumstances. The Priest as he was called needed my help locating his wife Damsel who was somehow lost in my dimension. He could not travel where I belonged for too long, and tasked me with the duty instead, for fear of unbalancing the universal tether.


Without much ado, I returned to my world and set out in search of the lost woman who as it turned out was a student at the mirrorverse Exemplar Hero Academy, as was my copy a teacher there. She therefore wasn't very hard to find. She was sifting through the basement of what would have been her home in her own world, but all was not well. She had uncovered a demonic plot to consume the mirrorverse and had traced the source to my world. Together, Damsel and I journeyed to the jungles of Africa where we stumbled into an UNTIL operation dealing with the same threat as we were. We worked together to put and end to the demon god of Despair who had gained a hold of some of the UNTIL soldiers. Gadanette arrived in time to lend a hand and at the end of the day, we fulfilled our mission. Damsel decided to stay a little longer in our world however, realising how desperately overwhelmed this world was under the power of an evil unknown to her. Her husband later arrived to see her off on this new mission, promising to visit if ever she or I needed his aid. How unimaginably fantastic it would be to have a double of myself fighting by my side in an epic battle against the forces of evil. Why I can't remember the last time I was this giddy. Let's hope its all for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment