Monday 18 July 2011

Old Lemuria




screenshot_2011-07-16-21-49-51screenshot_2011-07-16-21-50-40screenshot_2011-07-16-21-50-43screenshot_2011-07-16-21-50-47screenshot_2011-07-16-21-50-54screenshot_2011-07-16-21-51-12

Old Lemuria, a set on Flickr. Images captured by MC News Photographer Ryan Santana.

Bespelling the wings of Zariel onto my shoulders helps to balance and glide while using a common levitation spell. I took advantage of this earlier today and went for an afternoon patrol in the skies of Monster Island. Against my better judgement, I explored the depths of the mighty volcano which sits north of the land. There I found an interesting carving near the top of the volcano, it read;


"Let the burning bones of our enemies serve as a warning to all those who would take up arms against Lemuria. Thousands of years ago, this land was home to the majestic palace of Andrith the Golden, the great and wise Priest-King of Lemuria. The royal House of Hyrg hereby reclaims Andrithal in the name of great Lemuria. It is our destiny to rule the lands and seas of this planet, and our new allegiance with the Bleak Ones will ensure that Lemuria returns to the glorious empire it was always meant to be."


The word ominous failed to capture my thoughts on the frightening warning, which got me thinking why the Lemurian ocean-dwellers would send so many Lemurian forces at a time when there is such upheaval in their native land, or so I've heard. Could it be that the Lemurians think there is something of great value buried beneath Monster Island? I understand the Lemurians of old were known for their strange and terrible doomsday devices, so it would stand to belief that these old sea-dwelling humans are trying to dig up some long-buried superweapon, in all likelihood. It's certainly a possibility, or maybe the ominous warning above has made me paranoid. Fearful of the ocean as I am, I shall have to journey to Lemuria and look for clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment